Monday, September 20, 2010

Typography and Composition: Self-Portrait

Create a self portrait using letterforms.

Use letters to illustrate your face. Consider the character of the letters and their relationship to the physical appearance of that which is represented (your physical appearance, soft vs. hard angles, textures, etc.). Consider also the relationship between the characteristics of the letterforms and your identity, your personality, your persona.

Consider the entire composition of the page. Use size and pattern to create value.

Constraints:
The design must use only black letters on a white background. Letters may be scaled up and down but must retain their relative proportions. Letters may not be manipulated or deformed.



I'm actually really unhappy with this.  I had to start over 3 times due to corrupted files, and I still haven't solved the problem.  I'm not sure if it's my computer or the software I'm using :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment